Thursday, 5 July 2007

Alan Johnston - what a man!

A lot has been happening in the UK news recently, that again I couldn't let this wonderful moment go without comment. The release of Alan Johnston was welcome news - hearing him talk to the press shortly after his release a precious moment exemplifying the human spirit as it should be - if you didn't catch it, I recommend you watch a snapshot and learn from the wisdom he demonstrated throughout his experience.

The moment that brought a tear to my eye was when he spoke with humility about other people that in his opinion were facing an ordeal worse than his own:

There are people who have been told they have nine months to live and most of those people handle that with grace. I told myself that I was waiting to live my life again and it would be shameful if I couldn't do it with dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment