Sunday, 18 January 2009

3 Life Truths from Steve Jobs

Reading this blog recently you could be forgiven for thinking that my life consists of nothing other than a struggle against the injustices in this world. In actual fact, I do have other interests. In particular I am interested in life fulfilment and personal success. Thanks to my husband for sending me a link to this inspirational speech from Steve Jobs, given a few years ago at Stanford. I'm posting it here as a reminder to myself.

In it he talks about:

- Joining the dots in life. Sometimes the path we follow in life, the skills and life experiences that we pick up, make little sense, until later on in life when we look back. Follow your heart and have faith.
- Loss and love. Sometimes we have to face loss to understand what it is that we really love. Don't settle for less, keep searching for that which you love. You'll know when you have found it.
- Living each day as if it is your last. If you live each day as if it is your last, then one day you will be right! Steve recounts the day on which he was told he had just 3-6 months left to live.

Final message: Stay hungry, stay foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment