Thursday, 14 October 2010

Radio Interview

I was invited into the local BBC Radio station yesterday, for a half hour interview on what motivated me to get involved with campaigning. Apparently they were looking for 'inspirational' people and I ticked all the right boxes! That's got to be one of the best compliments I have had in my life :)

Of course if meant taking half a day off work, and all the nerves that go with it, but I figured it would be a good experience that would help build my confidence, plus I really did think I had a story that should be told.

I actually really enjoyed it. Justin Leigh did the interview (stepping in for the usual presenter - Justin is the one you usually see on Spotlight tv). He was incredibly nice, and made me feel at ease straight away - obviously a very skilled presenter.

If you ever get the chance to go into a radio station for an interview, I recommend you jump at it!

Here's my interview, starts just after 53 minutes, lasts for about 25 minutes. I talk about a life changing moment following a stint with the swine flu and a major anxiety attack, which forced me to change the way I look at life and get involved more with society.

(Sorry the link has been taken offline now by the BBC - but if you want to listen let me know and I'll email you a personal recording of the interview).

2 comments:

  1. Listening to your radio interview, very interesting. I could relate to quite a lot of it. My husband had a fairly normal wife once also then I started trying to save the world too. Totally relate to the re-appraisal of your life. I set up the East Devon Green Party in January and then stood for parliament in May. Things are a bit calmer now but like you, I think we all have a duty to help others. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks so much for listening Sharon. Wow we have quite a few things in common! Would love to meet up with you sometime - likely we know some of the same people in the Green Party.

    ReplyDelete