Monday, 23 April 2012

Abdulhadi #alKhawaja : The Hero I love : Fight for Humanity #Bahrain

The Letter I Wrote 

Dear Mr Alkhawaja,

You don't know me, and I never met you. I live in the UK and I've never even been to Bahrain. But I just wanted you to know that your peaceful resistance against oppression and your struggle for human rights has inspired me, and I know many other people around the world too.

I understand you are in the final days of a hunger strike, to'freedom or death'. I know you are a great man that does not fear death, and after the way you have been treated I wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd had enough of this world. I also know that the angels will be having one huge party the day you join them in Heaven.

But I just wanted to tell you that if you die it is going to be a huge loss for mankind. I hope and pray you will hang on and give us a little more time to help get you out. There are a lot of people now working hard in different countries to try and secure your release and news about your struggle and suffering is spreading all the time.

Love and prayers,

Ms Frankie Dolan

الرسالة التي كتبتها للأستاذ الخواجة

عزيزي السيد الخواجة
انت لا تعرفني وأنا لم التق بك مطلقا فأنا أعيش في المملكة المتحدة ولم أزر البحرين مسبقا. لكني اريد فقط أن تعرف سلميتك المناهضة للظلم والعنف وكفاحك لأجل حقوق الإنسان كان مصدر إلهام لي ولكثر آخرين حول العالم أيضا.

أنا أعرف بأنك في آخر أيام إضرابك ( حرية أو شهادة ) وأعرف بأنك رجل عظيم لا يهاب الموت ولا يفاجئني ذلك بعد كل ما لاقيته من سوء معاملة.

أنا أيضا اعلم بأن الملائكة ستحظى باحتفالية عظمى تستقبلك بها في اليوم الذي سيجمعك بهم في الجنة.

ولكن ارغب بأن اخبرك أن في موتك خسارة كبرى للبشرية وأني آمل وأصلي لتصمد أكثر وتعطينا مزيد من الوقت لمساعدتك في نيل حريتك.

الكثير من مختلف الدول يعملون جاهدين لحماية حقك في حريتك ونشر قضية كفاحك ومعاناتك دائما وأبدا.

مع حبي ودعائي

Ms Frankie Dolan

The Candle I Lit


  The Poem I Found

Rose by Dheeraj Haran


A single rose to lane
A single rose to slain
A single rose to hide my pain

A single rose to turn the tide
A single rose to make roads wide
A single rose as my guild

A single rose to rise the soul
A single rose to widen the hole
A single rose to achieve a goal

A single rose to melt the heart
A single rose to force a start
A single rose to cult

A single rose to freeze my body
A single rose to mourn this memory
A single rose to start a life
A single rose to end the strife

(Note to poet: Dheeraj I couldn't find out how to contact you to get your permission to post this so if you are reading this please let me know if it is ok. Beautiful poem, thanks!)

The Card I Made


The Hero I Love















What They Did to Him

The Words He Spoke



The Letter He Wrote


"My dear & beloved family, from behind prison bars, I send to you my love & yearning. From a free man, to a free family. These prison walls don't separate me from you, they bring us closer together. Our connection & determination is stronger than ever. We take our strength, from beautiful memories. Remembering every trip, every meal we ate together, all the conversations, remembering every smile, all the jokes & the laughter. The distance between us disappears, thru our love & faith. 
It's true: I am in here, & you are out there. But, you are in here with me, and I am out there with you. Our pain is made more bearable when we remember we chose this difficult path & took an oath to remain on it. We must not only remain patient thru our suffering, we must never allow the pain to conquer our souls. Let our hearts be filled with joy, and an acceptance of the responsibility we have been given for in the end, this life is about finding a path of truth towards God."

The Instructions He Gave

Tweeted by Zainab al-Khawaja his daughter @angryarabia on 20th April 2012

  • Urgent: My father called now, he asked us to try and get him an urgent visit by his lawyer to write his will
  • He said, if they won't allow the lawyer to see him, he has three things he would like everyone to know
  • 1st: he is completely convinced in what he is doing, and that he has chosen this path & wud choose it again if time goes back
  • 2nd: he asks that nobody attempts to go on a similar strike til death
  • Finally my father said "if I die, in the next 24 hrs, I ask the ppl to continue on path of peaceful resistance...
  • My father continued "... I don't want anybody to be hurt in my name"
  • My father has stopped drinking even water since yesterday
  • As my father finished saying his will to us, the line was cut. He did not say goodbye

 

The Life He Has Lived

 

 

The Words They Wrote

To Him

 

For Him

 

About Him


The Demonstrations they Attended


  


(Note regarding videos and images: I did not have time to seek permission to use these since this man may only have hours left to live, I did not want to delay posting this. If you own any media on this site you would like me to remove just let me know and I will do so no problem. Thanks!)




 


The Hungerstrike in Solidarity they Joined

  The News They Reported

 

The Petitions You Need to Sign

Amnesty
Avaaz to Hilary Clinton

BCHR to Bahrain Government

 

URGENT: Abdulhadi al-Khawaja may only have days or hours left to live, but we must try our best to fight for this life as it represents the struggle for human rights and liberty worldwide.

 

The Campaign You Should Join


 #Write4Khawaja 


More Actions You Could Take

  1. Follow the Facebook Page
  2. Follow his family on Twitter: @angryarabiya  @maryamalkhawaja  @tublani2010
  3. Write your own letter to Abdulhadi al-Khawaja. Post it on your blog if you have one, or to Facebook, or anywhere else you want. If you use Twitter you can use Twitlonger Post a link to the letter with including the #DearAlkhawaja tag in the text so that we can find it and we will add it here (or post a link to it in the comments here below).  You may even like to hand write the letter, or make a card, or draw a picture for him and then take a photo of that and post it online.
  4. Send your letter/card/picture to the Bahrain Defense Hospital where Abdulhadi al-Khawaja is now being kept. We do not know if this correspondence will be passed on or not but we think we should at least try. You may use post and/or send a fax. Contact details for the hospital can be found here.
  5. Light a candle for Abdulhadi al-Khawaja to remind you of his struggle and keep it burning in your home (please do this safely, blow out before you sleep, and do not leave the candle unattended). Post a photo of your freedom candle online.
  6. Contact your member of parliament, plus any other politician that you think you should reach out to, plus your world leader (prime minister/president). Sorry we can't post details on how to do this for every country but if you Google your own government you should be able to find out how to contact them by email.
  7. Contact your media outlets and ask them to cover this story. Tell them why this is so important, and what he means to you personally. Write a list of all the main tv channels, radio stations and newspapers then Google them to find out their contact details.
  8. Contact any human rights organisation you are involved with, ask them if they could support this campaign too, even if it is not related directly to their work. Perhaps they could donate one day of campaigning for this great man, for the sake of the struggle for universal human rights.
  9. Tell your friends about this and ask them to get involved too. Tweet this page of action, post to Facebook and to Use the #Alkhawaja tag on Twitter. Also post to Google+ and write blog posts. If you like post a personal message of support to YouTube. Post your actions in the comments below.
  10. Pray for Abdulhadi al-Khawaja and his family.

LASTEST NEWS: Day 100 of hungerstrike!!! Appeal ongoing but he is very weak. Please act now.

If you would like to help me campaign for Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, with whatever creative ideas you may think of, please get in touch.



Post any more ideas here. You can also contact me via Twitter @frankiedolan


No comments:

Post a Comment